Out-of-state families frequently ask how they can stay involved with their students’ experience and the university from hundreds or even thousands of miles away. As an out-of-state parent, where would you like to connect?
- Regional Council — Consists of parents nationwide who want to support SDFA and its mission in their region. Members provide leadership and organizational support for local outreach efforts and work closely with ASU recruiters, alumni chapters, SDFA board, staff and the ASU Foundation regional team. Regional Council members serve as parent leader connection points for families in their regions.
- Regional Ambassadors — Members who assist the Regional Council with events and outreach in their regions. Regional Ambassadors serve as local parent representatives and work closely with SDFA staff.
- Regional Volunteers — Serve as hosts or assist at events in their regions. Volunteers are encouraged to attend tailgates, social events and regional activities to connect with Sun Devil families in their geographical areas.
The entire family is invited to join us at regional ASU events, including:
- Nationwide Sun Devil Family Coffee Days — Hosted by fellow parents, these coffees are offered from September through April and connect parents in a social and casual setting. SDFA staff work closely with hosts to provide an easy and memorable experience for all.
- Sun Devil Send-Offs — Hosted by the ASU Alumni Association in partnership with the SDFA, these summer social events welcome our newest families and students to the university.
- Recruiting events — Parents interested in assisting with prospective student and family events are encouraged to contact the senior director of parent programs at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and opportunities.
- Tailgates, university events and alumni chapter events — All out-of-state families are encouraged to attend events in their areas. Sign up for the parent email distribution list to keep up-to-date with current regional activities.